5 spice finger licking prawns
This simple recipe will have your friends coming back for more, fresh and light with a delightful asian edge.
Serves 10 people.
- 20 raw prawn cutlets defrosted and patted dry.
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 2 tsp Maldon salt
- 1 tsp of crushed black peppercorns
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- A large handful of coriander leaves and stalks, chopped
- 1 red chilli, de seeded and chopped
- Toss five spice, salt and pepper in a hot pan till fragrant, set aside to cool
- Sprinkle the prawns with 2 teaspoons of the five spice mixture to lightly cover and leave to marinade for 1 hour.
- Sauté the prawns in 1 Tbsp rice bran oil for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute
- They should only be 1⁄2 cooked. Set aside
- Mix prawns with the spring onions, coriander and chili and toss well.
- Thread the prawns on to skewers and re heat for 3 – 5 minutes at 180 degrees before serving.
- Prawns can be skewered a day before and stored covered in the fridge
- This recipe is also good in a salad with crunchy cos, mango, avocado, lemon vinaigrette