Sue’s Favourite Feijoa cake recipe
Great for this time of the year. You can also use frozen Feijoas and bananas.
This loaf will keep wrapped and refrigerated for 5 days.
- 460g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 large eggs
- 420g castor sugar
- 330ml rice bran or canola oil
- 90ml vanilla essence (yes that’s correct…)
- 125ml buttermilk or yoghurt
- 1 cup Feijoa, mashed
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Line 2 large loaf tins with baking paper
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda and ground ginger together into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the buttermilk or yoghurt and mashed fruit and coconut.
- Carefully stir the wet and dry ingredients together and pour into the loaf tins.
- Bake for 40 - 50 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before turning out.
I like to make a simple lemon icing to drizzle over.