Here is a nice easy dish perfect for Sunday lunch with a pear and rocket salad...
Spinach and Cheese Quesadillas
Serves 4 people
* 1 kg baby spinach, picked, washed, steamed, chopped and seasoned.
* 250g feta cheese, either goat and cow
* 300g mozzarella, sliced or grated
* 2 Tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce
* 8 round flour tortillas approx. 21cm in diameter
* 4 tablespoons of rice bran oil to cook in
Preheat oven to 100.
Place 8 tortillas on to a clean bench
Brush each with the sweet chilli sauce
Divide the cooked seasoned spinach over 4 tortillas
Sprinkle with feta and mozzarella cheese
Place the remaining 4 tortillas on top of the filling. Chilli sauce side down.
Heat 1 tablespoon of rice bran oil in a fry pan large enough to hold one Quesadilla
Gently fry on both sides, being careful when you turn the quesadilla over.
Keep warm in the oven while you repeat the cooking process with the other Quesadillas.
Cut into wedges to serve
The uncooked Quesadillas can be made a day ahead and stored well wrapped in the fridge
These are easy to cook on the flat plate of a BBQ
Quesadillas can be cooked in advance and reheated in the oven
These can also be made into canape size by cutting the tortillas into smaller rounds.
Play around with any filling you like. Other fillings we enjoy are
- Spiced beans, herb and cheese
- Roast pumpkin, white bean, mozzarella and chorizo