This has been a family favourite – for ever! And one of our most requested desserts.The base can be made a day in advance and the pav can be rolled up to 6 hours before your guests arrive.
At this time of year we are spoilt for choice with all the berries and stone fruit available. Place these on top of the cream before rolling up.
- Serves 6 people
- 180 g egg white
- 200 g castor sugar
- ½ Tbs vinegar
- 1 Tbs cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 Tbs Roasted coconut
- 200 g whipped cream
- 1 Tbs Passionfruit pulp
- Whisk egg white with sugar in a mixer, add cornflour, vanilla essence and vinegar.
- Line a 42 cm tray with baking paper.
- Sprinkle the roasted coconut onto baking paper, then spread the whipped egg white mix.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes at 100.c
- Cool, spread whipped cream on top, and drizzle with passionfruit syrup.
- Roll pavlova and cut into 6 pieces, garnish with fruit.